The Fundmaster 2020 Limited (we, us, our) and our authorised bodies complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or onboarding process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call, email, in person or mail), or when you engage with us to obtain advise, information or pricing on any of the products & services
- from banks, employers, government agencies, accounts, lawyers and consultants or use of illion bankstatement.com.au
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide with financial advice of products, arrange product pricing for mortgage ( residential & commercial) , insurance , business loan and asset finance
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text, SMS, email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you complete and assess lending/insurance application
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us,
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you required to meet our legal obligations. .]
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may be required disclose your personal information to
- other legal structures we are related to within as interpreted under the Financial Markets Conducts Act 2013
- product providers such as banks, insurers and finance companies that we may use to provide you the products/services you purchase from us
- our aggregator group – New Zealand Financial Services Group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a government body who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. Financial Market Authority)
- any organisation that are involved in auditing or providing compliance assurance to our us or our the Authorised Bodies who operate under our FAP licence.
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law in force in New Zealand (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand
- Maintain your accounts, loans and insurances
- Payment of any commission or bonuses to us in accordance to their policies
- Promotion, marketing and market research, through the means of phone, txt messges email, print and social media. You can opt out of these market communication by contacting these third parties
You may decide to not release this information to these third parties, in that scenario it limits our and the product providers capacity to provide you with financial advise and lending/insurance products. Any wilful non-disclosure of material information can result in the your lending facilities and insurances getting revoked and can result in non-payment of claims. Should you want us to not disclose any information we will advise the provider of your intention, this will limit in product providers assessment capability and subsequently limits your chances of obtaining these services
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Should there be any material breach that puts your privacy at risk, we will inform you about this impact within 48 hours and report the privacy commissioner of this breach.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information you provide is held in secure data storage facilities. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that our computer equipment is free from malware or other such malicious computer programmes. We cannot provide security over the internet connection that you choose to connect to us. if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
[If you post your personal information on the website’s [message board/ chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.]
Last Updated – June 2022
Meet Our Team
We have an experienced team of advisers, focused on providing the best customer experience. You would be listened to and supported every step of the way.
Read some of our recent customer reviews.
We have been in business for the last 10 years and have helped thousands of customers over time. Check out some of these happy experiences of our customers